The fall cleanups of 2019 were epic!
- The River des Peres Trash Bash had 425 volunteers cleanup up over 7 tons of trash, over 2 tons of metal, 150 tires, and 2,000 square feet of bush honey suckle removed.
- October had Operation Clean Stream tackling the lower Meramec Watershed. The Arnold area was flooded so members of LoWG teamed up to remove an abandoned jet boat from the Meramec.
- November had a #OptOutside cleanup on the Friday after Thanksgiving in the flood plains downstream of Arnold City Park.
- In December we returned to Steam Team 5250 famous cleanup of Black Creek where all the trash must be hauled up a 20 foot wall.
- In January, Missouri River Relief honored some of LoWG’s own: Sarah Wright and Lauri Ferretti.
- Greg Poleski moved on the paddle the waters of heaven.
- Bernie Arnold led a chilly rescheduled cleanup of Lower Meramec County Park.
What will the Spring of 2020 bring?
- We know that we can expect high water.
- LoWG educational teams are already showing macros an talking about the Stream Team Program.
- Belews Creek Watershed had a highway cleanup.
- The Mighty 211 will have their 28th annual cleanup on the first Saturday of March.
- The Confluence Trash Bash will be on the third Saturday of March.
Check back with us for more updates and